Facilities Maintenance Specialist.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Maintain building structure by performing interior general maintenance upkeep along with scheduling all preventative maintenance on all building mechanical equipment and safety systems inspections (NFPA 25, fire extinguishers & back-flow, elevator, general state permit, insurance, etc.).
- Prioritize, schedule, and estimate time and spend for planned projects & facilities requests.
- Assist and act as an alternate for other Facilities Team functions as required.
- Install / relocate interior bus plugs, printer electrical lines and airlines throughout the facility as required.
- Monitor all facility HVAC equipment systems and schedule provider when service or repair is required.
- Maintain working inventory of appropriate replacement and service parts (plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, facility supplies, etc.
- Ability & willingness to successfully complete the 40-hour HAZWOPER Training Course and maintain annual renewal certifications required.
Hours: 7-3:30, M-F
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, post-secondary school, or vocational school.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- 3-5 years’ experience in general maintenance repair work
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements, occupational hazards, and safety precautions
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs., ascend ladders, work on roofs, etc.
- Light carpentry skills
- An intermediate understanding of mechanical equipment and electrical controls systems
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, email, etc.)
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of annual financial planning
Your Corporate Recruiter
In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And, if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you." – Warren Buffett