Wastewater Treatment Operator
*This is a Direct Hire position with Benefits for an established growing company
Skills and experience necessary:
- Meet daily with operators on previous and succeeding shifts regarding status & strategy.
- Visit the WWT plant a minimum of three times per shift to monitor operations.
- Collect samples, test, and record findings on Daily Lab Worksheet.
- Monitor operation of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps.
- Monitor operation of warehouse lift station pumps.
- Monitor and adjust positive & negative pressures on DAF recycle system.
- Monitor and manually clear DAF Effluent Screen of nuts, etc.
- Determine need for chemical adjustment to system.
- Adjust pumping rates and/or manually add chemicals to system as needed.
- Monitor chemical supply.
- Change barrels and/or mix chemical concentrates with water as needed.
- Add nutrients to Mixed Liquor tanks as directed.
- Check for presence of microscopic life in mixed liquor.
- Make daily entries to Wastewater Treatment Log Book.
- Record daily flow data on Daily Flow Worksheets.
- Perform laboratory testing (including: BOD, TSS, DO, pH, 30-min. settle-able)
- Calibrate pH meters using 2-pt buffer method.
- Change circular chart on Partlow Controller on weekly basis.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions (including greasing motors, etc.) per schedule.
- Assist maintenance personnel in repair functions.
- Maintain clean & safe working conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Operator’s License
- Grade 2 Municipal (minimum).
- (License is achieved via state exam / License is maintained via 10 TCHs per year)
- Must be certified in First Aid, CPR, and Blood-borne Pathogens.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. and carry it up three flights of stairs.
- Ability to work in environment featuring strong (unpleasant) aromas.
- Possessing normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills.
- Possessing good hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to work independently.
Your Corporate Recruiter
In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And, if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you." – Warren Buffett